This weekend we're heading out to the KOA Care Camps Big Weekend for the first time and we are so excited!
Every May KOA hosts this great event and it's open to anyone and everyone. The purpose of the weekend is to raise awareness about the KOA Care Camps for kids with cancer - a week where they get to go have fun and try to forget their burden of their illness. Most importantly it's also a weekend to raise funds for these camps. As part of the fundraising when you stay Friday night at a KOA paying full price you get to stay Saturday night for only $10 and that money goes directly to help the camps. It's a win win for everyone!
We're especially lucky that the campground we're headed to has tons of fun already planned!
- Pancake Breakfast available All Weekend!!
- Care Camp Weekend Hand Made Lady Bugs for sale to raise funds for Kids with Cancer All proceeds goes to KOA Care Camp Trust
- Hay Ride - Friday & Saturday night - 5pm
- Barrel Ride Friday & Saturday 11 am & 2pm each day
- Movie for all Family Friday & Saturday - Starts at 8pm
- Sat May 9th - Fun Music by DJ James Shelley 5:30pm to 8:00 pm
- Flowers for Mom!!!
- Other games available for kids/family Horseshoe & Basketball
- Come Enjoy Ice Cream, Pizza & Newly Remodeled Game Room!!
Obviously, we can't wait to get out of town and enjoy some time at camp and of course help a great cause.
If you haven't booked your stay, now is the time! Get online and see what's still available. I bet you can smell the pancakes now! And don't worry, if you forgot about Mother's Day you can tell the wonderful mom in your life that you had it planned all along. Genius!
And if you didn't make it this year, don't worry, there will always be next year!